Monday, September 24, 2012

UT Tailgating Outfit for What to Wear Where!

UT Tailgating Outfit for What to Wear Where!




I couldn't pass up the chance to participate in this tailgating inspired link up hosted by I Pick Pretty! Football season is in fact my favorite time of the year. I love watching the Longhorns play and even more so love coming together with all of our old college buddies and new friends at our tailgate to listen to live music by Austin song writer John Edward Baumann, eat delicious food (my favorite of which are our friend Traner's Jalepeno Poppers..Yummm!) and dominate at Flip Cup (yes, we still play Flip Cup at our tailgate even though we are way past the college age. I would be embarrassed, but it is just so fun).

Our group loves to head to Logan's on 6th after the game for extended catch up time, so we need a stylish GameDay outfit that can easily transition into a going out outfit. That is why I chose the Burnt Orange Zig Zag Dress for this link up. The fabric is lightweight yet forgiving and it looks fabulous with cowboy boots, flats, sandals or even heels. From opening game to the bowl game I live in my UT Student Government Boots. I got them as a graduation gift and have worn them every season since. They are still holding up though and people always seem to stop and ask where I got them. Plus I love the fact that the money goes to UT scholarships.

Since GameDay is pretty hot (okay.. REALLY hot those first couple of games), I usually opt for lighter jewelry, such as the Gold Texas Necklace and Spade Earrings. The Gold Texas Necklace is a great way to show off my Texas pride and add an extra pop of burnt orange. Of course I finish off any outfit with some sort of arm party! The Burnt Orange Leather Wrap Bracelet and White Enamel Bangle are so light, you almost forget you are even wearing them.

I can't wait to see all the tailgating posts on the What to Wear Where link up today!




Sam Fechtel in the Burnt Orange Zig Zag Dress! I like the way she subbed a leather belt for the one it comes with and also added the UT Student Government Boots (link in the Polyvore Set above) to really show off her Longhorn spirit. 

Tori Klem in the Burnt Orange Zig Zag Dress! Absolutely love the Goldstone Kendra Scott Necklace that she paired with the dress.


Sarah Richardson looked adorable in the Burnt Orange Zig Zag Dress. Gotta add the Longhorn Tattoo on GameDay!

6 comments:

  1. Love that the pattern on the fabric is almost a mix of chevron and ikat. Very cute!

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a native, I would so rock those UT boots. I've seen and admired those but had no idea they were a fundraiser thing - fun!

    Love that dress too; now there's a color pairing for burnt orange I hadn't considered. As usual you're the source of all things UT chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the necklace and those cowboy boots. too cute! Have a happy Tuesday and be sure to enter to win a custom made shot glass! . BTW I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your enamel pieces with gold trim. They add a touch of classic to any outfit and make a statement too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the dress. The colors make it so sophisticated. Carolina Blue can be hard to pull off outside of game day but you can wear this dress anywhere!

    ReplyDelete