Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Scallop Print Dress for First Thursday


Today we are linking up with Lilly of Pancakes & Beet Juice for What to Wear..Where? Arts Night Out Edition.



One of my favorite Austin events is First Thursday on South Congress. This block party type event is a great way to check out all the local shops, food trailers and street vendors that South Congress has to offer. There is often live music by street performers and you can stop at the historic San Jose Hotel for cocktails. All of the shops stay open later than usual (10pm) so you don’t have to rush to get from spot to spot. Feathers, a vintage boutique, is a must-go and the little open air market close to South Congress Cafe is filled with unique jewelry, beautiful prints and more.



It seems like this event has grown over the years and every time I go I seem to find a new artist or merchant that I adore. The last time that I went I rocked my jorts, burnt orange top, sandals and Costa Rica purse for a laid back (aka last minute) look. I found two new prints for our duplex for $10 each and an Austin coaster with an image of our happy place, Alamo Drafthouse, on it.



The next First Thursday is on November 1 and I can’t wait to hit it up with Corey and our pup, Toby, or my girl friends. More than likely we will catch happy hour at Guero’s beforehand, best queso in town for sure! I may try to look a little bit more pulled together for the next one. I am thinking a cute, yet casual dress paired with comfortable flats, a cross body bag and fun accessories.

Probably something similar to this:


Arts Night Out




You can click on each image above for more information on the product. 

If the weather cools down next Thursday night, I may opt for tights and boots (or booties!) instead. Those green flats are such a great deal (only $19 at Urban Outfitters) and they have them in a variety of different colors. I don't own that Rebecca Minkoff leather purse..yet, but I am currently lusting over it. Seems like it is the perfect size and I love the hardware. It may have to go on my Christmas wish list if I can't find something similar for less soon. The scallop print dress is my new favorite because it is flattering (love the length, cut and how it comes in at the waist) and unique. Polka dots are a big trend this fall and it is nice to see them included in a different way.

Have a great outfit for an arts night out? Link up with Lilly at Pancakes and Beet Juice today!





6 comments:

  1. Love the polka dots and navy with a twist! I hope scallops are the new chevron. This dress is going to look so cute with navy tights come cooler temperatures!

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!! i would definitely wear that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bangles/bag combo...the hardware on the bag matches the design on the bangle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! Loving the dress and the surprise green flats! A very fun color combo!

    :) Maigen
    laconceptiondesfemmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a great outfit - the dress is adorable!

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green flats are such an unexpected and fun addition! Super cute!

    I've been lusting after many Rebecca Minkoff bags lately, too.

    xoxo
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete