Monday, November 26, 2012

DIY Burnt Orange Texas Wreath


(Level of Difficulty: Easy)
By Thuy

Spread the holiday cheer and show your Longhorn pride with this fun DIY wreath!



I had so much fun making the wreath that I decided to make another one! (photos: Thuy)

Step 1. Gather the supplies. You will need:

·         A plain green wreath
·         Decorative orange and white flowers
·         Texas ornaments
·         Orange or white ribbon
·         Craft wire or sturdy green twisty ties

Since I am decorating on a college budget, I took my time hunting for good prices. I found the wreath at Garden Ridge; the flowers and pine cones are from Michael’s; and the Texas ornaments are from Hobby Lobby.

Step 2. Arrange the flowers and ornaments to your liking, but remember to leave room for a bow at the top of the wreath! Try alternating the colors, shapes and sizes.

Step 3. When you are happy with your arrangement, secure the ornaments using their original strings or use craft wire/twisty ties. The flowers should stay in place if you just poke them through the wreath.

Step 4. Make the bow. This part is a little tricky, so I consulted with bow-making experts on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70gvnlixO04. Secure the bow with wire/twisty ties.

Step 5. Hang your wreath for all to see, or wrap it up and give it to Longhorn for Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment